Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Thought the Customer was Always Right?

I’ve always found it ironic that most customer service experiences end with frustration. I mean the whole point of customer service is to aid the customer when problems arise…so why the general apathy from the person on the other end of the phone when you’re asking for help??

And the frustration only increases when the problem exists because of a mistake on the vendor’s end and they refuse to acknowledge or apologize for the time-suck that they have caused.

But even though I had such an occurrence today, I now try to find the silver lining and turn the frustration (annoyance, irritation, etc.) into an educational opportunity. I make a mental note of the experience and tuck it away for future reference when I will find myself handling the customer service for my own business.

And I can promise without a doubt that no customer of mine will ever leave frustrated. I mean, at the end of the day, it’s common sense that you treat your customers with respect…they are the ones paying your bills after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment