Sunday, January 2, 2011

All About Me


I started this blog in order to change my life.

After graduating from college, I struggled to find myself and quickly fell into a boring routine revolving around an okay job. I didn’t have much of a social life and made up excuses constantly for why I wasn’t doing more.

As I entered my late twenties I realized that I had to make a change and take back control of my life. I wanted to challenge myself to create a happier life – one worth living.

But change is hard and I continued to let procrastination stand in my way.

But once I turned 30, I realized that I had to kick my procrastination habit once and for all and start turning my dreams into reality.

Knowing that I needed to be held accountable for reaching my goals, I decided to start this blog. While I posted for many months before anybody found me, the act alone of putting my thoughts and goals ‘out there’ worked like a charm and I felt motivated to finally follow through on my ideas…or look like a complete and utter failure!

Fortunately, the trick worked and one year later I am happy to say that I’ve made a 180-degree shift and finally feel like I am truly living life! I’ve created a habit of doing things instead of talking about them…but I’m not done yet!

2010 was about growing personally but 2011 is about growing professionally. I still have my okay job and that’s not okay with me anymore. My dreams to turn LIVE LOVE LIFE NOW™ into a full fledged company in order to combine my love of art, design and philanthropy is not going to exist in fantasy-land alone much longer.

I am ready to take that leap of faith and will journal about all of the baby steps here…as well as all the ways I continue to push myself to live life to the fullest!

I hope you’ll join me for the ride and maybe get inspired in the process to challenge yourself to LIVE LOVE LIFE NOW™!

xoxoxo

6 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through Noodles and Waffles and I gotta say WOW! I really loved this post. It's so honest and inspiring. I'm definitely a follower now. Off to read some more posts.

    Rambles with Reese :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reese,

    Thank you so much for your kind words...they made my day :)

    I hope you enjoy the blog and maybe find a little inspiration along the way! It's nice to have the company so thanks for following my journey :)

    Jenn xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic and inspiring story and I so admire your guts to say it on the internet! Found my way over here through Heartfire at Home but I'll definitely be following you from now on! If I can manage to tear myself away from all those fantastic cat pics and videos that is!
    OH - and happy belated birthday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story. More of us need to start thinking this way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm so glad to be joining this journey in the early days. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you Jenn. What you have said here is pretty much where I am at in life too. Pushing 31 and wanting to see what more I can do. I think I might want to work at LIVE LOVE LIFE NOW™ one day :)
    Toni xo

    ReplyDelete