Thursday, January 27, 2011

Well That Was Unexpected!

Yesterday, we had our second snowstorm of the winter. But the snow isn’t what anybody will remember. It will be the traffic.

Because last night will be remembered for a long, long, long time as the worst commute in the history of the DC area!

There are stories of some people being stuck on a road for 9 hours because of the unending gridlock. Some people abandoned their cars after they ran out of gas or got stuck in the 5 inches of extremely wet, slick slush.

My story involved sitting in my car for 2 ½ hours to go less than half a mile from my office. After a near panic attack, I made the decision to exit the road to wait out the madness at a local mall. Three hours later though, the conditions remained the same so I anxiously drove back to my office (7 hours after leaving it) to spend the night.

Fortunately, I was able to spend the evening with 3 of my co-workers so I wasn’t alone. We had a few drinks, watched hilarious You Tube videos and got a little loopy. It was basically an office slumber party!

But I count myself fortunate for my experience and the silver lining is that I now have a great story of where I was during the worst commute in Northern Virginia history. And I got a free Wii Fit!


Just hanging out

The problem!

This morning on my way home

No comments:

Post a Comment