Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Quote of the Day

(© 2006 Graphique de France – wall calendar)

“What is seen really depends on what is looked for.” - Felix the Cat

I love my Felix the Cat-isms so much that I’ve kept my 2006 wall calendar up for the last four years. He is one smart cat!

Now I’m not a pessimistic person by nature, but at times I feel a desire to dwell on the negative more than the positive. But I think we all have that natural tendency, especially if we are under a significant amount of pressure or stress.

But this month’s saying reminds me to stop those negative thoughts in their tracks and instead shift my focus on what is going right in my life.

While it sometimes seem easier to sink into the downward spiral that is self-pity, I’m done wasting my time and energy on such an unproductive hobby. And I’m finding that with practice, it’s becoming easier to get off that slippery slope and shift my focus to happier thoughts.

I remain, as always, a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment