Thursday, November 4, 2010

Can a Bookcase Be Inspired?

I love books but have never liked the way bookcases looked…especially the one that lives next to the TV in my living room. The easiest solution would have been to get rid of it all together but I love my books too much not to display them.

So instead, inspired by color organized bookshelves that I was seeing everywhere and an amazing DIY project by Danny Seo, I set out earlier this year to transform the piece into something I could be proud of.

I love the end result and send many thanks to Linda over at Heartfire at Home for giving me the opportunity to finally post about the makeover!


A punch of color in my new favorite corner of the living room!

Rainbow effect detail

Close up shot of the red-to-yellow shelf

The top of the bookcase displays one of my favorite DIY projects!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how cool!!! Thanks so much for linking up! I love the way your bookcases look. Yellow is a big favourite of mine, and it's added such a splash of glorious colour.

    They look like pics from a magazine!

    And, the photo holders with the rocks, not to mention the images in them, look seriously fab!

    Great job!!

    Linda. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should try this too, but first I should buy another book shelf. Right now my poor books are all piled up, there is not enough space! And I have given away a lot of the books I didn't care about. Your palce looks very nice.
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rainbow bookshelf but you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda/Bobbi - thank you for the nice compliments! I love to decorate and design so I'm definitely going to start posting more about my fun DIY projects...including a post specifically for the postcard/rock display. That has been one of my favorite projects so far and I'll definitely share more about where the postcards came from :)

    Nicole - you're so sweet :) I love how you're still checking in from Peru! I can't wait to hear all about the trip and see the photos! How many is Christian up to now? :) xo

    ReplyDelete