Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just Another Saturday Shooting B Roll

Early Saturday afternoon, my boyfriend got a call asking him to shoot an interview piece with singer Faith Evans, who was in town to perform at the DC Convention Center.

When he asked me to join him to shoot B roll, I was instantly excited and nervous. In the past, I would have quickly passed up on the opportunity - out of fear and uncertainty over what would happen - but these days I’m up for anything (within reason, mind you) and after a quick tutorial with his new camera, I felt ready to go!

And even though we did a lot of waiting as the ‘quick’ interview turned into an almost five hour event…I was never bored. Instead, I was fascinated by my surroundings and grateful for taking advantage of yet another new opportunity.

And after seeing some of my footage in the end piece, I’m starting to consider a third career as a videographer…or at least a B roll technician.

Here are a few of the behind-the-scenes photos I took just for you!


The equipment

Backstage @ the Convention Center

Faith hitting the stage!

My boyfriend – never without a camera!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you guys are loving the new camera. Can't wait to see footage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! And now that we have the same cameras, we can start collaborating on our next music video and get shooting :)

    ReplyDelete