Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Art is in My Sole

Tonight I have fallen in love with a pair of shoes…the Jeffrey Campbell Mary Roks Gray Suede Platform Bootie:


Aren’t they beautiful?

Alas, I don’t know if I could honestly pull these off. I do try to put together colorful and interesting outfits on a daily basis but cardigans have started to infiltrate my wardrobe more and more and I’m wondering if the two can go hand in hand.

Then again, my style has become all about mixing and matching so perhaps they’d be the perfect fit…once I got comfortable with going outside my comfort zone a bit. And this year has been all about moving beyond my comfort zone and taking risks, which I guess should apply to my style as well.

I’m a big believer that how you present yourself to the world is a fairly true representation of who you are and what you think of yourself. And to me, these shoes represent the sort of fun, cool, fashionable and successful woman that I fantasize about becoming.

I mean you only live once, right? I might as well put my best foot forward! (pun intended)

4 comments:

  1. Woah, they are certainly striking! Fantastic! I'm not the best in high heels of any sort, although I think I could manage wedges or shoes designed like that. I LOVE the look of lace ups, and I also LOVE ankle boots, so these shoes are pretty awesome!

    Linda. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could totally rock these shoes. I expect to see these on you on our reunion trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great site! Found you on Blogging Your Way. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh NYC would be the perfect place to sport these shoes...sans snow of course :)

    Welcome Merri, I'm so glad you found me from BYW!!

    ReplyDelete