Thursday, May 26, 2011

MY Happiness Project: Month 2 - Status Report

Ironically, Miguel and I have spent less time together during this month than usual.

Do you think that’s why I’ve been so successful with my goals of being nicer and whatnot?? Perhaps, but I’d like to think I’d be doing just as well if we were around each other 24/7…so lets not over think it okay?!

But while our schedules often conflicted this past week especially, we did find time to have dinner out with friends on Saturday – during which I was on my bestest behavior – and then set aside Sunday for a much needed family day, spent relaxing at home with the fuzzy monstahs.

But while I wished we could have spent more of the week together, I know that it’s good for us to have our own space and activities…especially when his are related to growing his company. The time away sometimes makes him feel guilty though so I’ve worked on staying completely supportive so that he feels less stressed by the sacrifice.

In the past I wasn’t always as conscientious about his feelings on the matter and often would make nagging comments that would stress him out. But, in part because of month two’s goals, I have been doing my best to be a very supportive partner because I know this is what he needs to be doing and sometimes a little sacrifice now will bring greater rewards later…and more time for us to hang out together!


1 comment:

  1. A very wise relationship post Jenn!

    You sound like a great girlfriend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete