Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just What I Wanted – Homework!

The countdown to my 31st birthday is on and I’ve already received my first birthday gift!

My sister gave me my big present a few weeks ago…paid admission into an e-class called “Blogging Your Way”. It’s an online workshop taught by blogger-extraordinaire Holly Becker of decor8 fame.

At first, the idea of going back to ‘school’ wasn’t terribly appealing. But as I thought more about it, I realized that it was just what I needed. I’ve been working on this blog since January but still have only one solitary follower (no offense babe!).

For months I’ve had the intention to expand on the blog and get it more public but hadn’t been sure how to accomplish that. And then voila! – my sister comes across this class and in a matter of hours, I was signed up and ready to go.

Today was the first official class post; complete with homework assignment. As an admitted nerd (and proud of it!), I had been eagerly awaiting this day to see what the task would be. Turns out, the project involves answering some questions that will require a little bit of research and some soul searching…all which I’m strangely very excited about!

I don’t think that I would have sought out this class on my own, but I’m very grateful to my sister for her thoughtfulness and supportiveness for gifting this experience to me.

It will also go down forever as one of the most unique presents ever received from her. I mean, how many people can say they got homework for their birthday?!

No comments:

Post a Comment