Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gratitude and Validation

It’s Sunday night and I am faced with another week of playing catch up. I had a great weekend celebrating my boyfriend’s birthday and cleaning my apartment till it shone, but this post may be the only truly productive thing I can cross of my to do list.

But while I was feeling a bit down on myself tonight, I just received the biggest pick-me-up I could have asked for…right here on this blog.

Tonight, I discovered that I have TWO (new) followers!

For me, this is a monumental and momentous thing and I wanted to take the time to say THANK YOU to both of them for taking the time to check out my blog and consider it worthwhile enough to follow.

And I would especially like to thank Linda from Heartfire At Home for her comments – another first!

Your words were so kind and encouraging and I thank you for them and for your suggestions. It’s nice to know that you’ve been where I am and are now enjoying a successful blog!

My family has been so supportive of me, but sometimes the validation of a stranger (though of course I now consider you a close, personal friend) is really what means the most.

So THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to you both. You have made my night...and my weekend.


*The graphic shown above is a letterpress card printed by Swayspace, a design company based out of Brooklyn, NY. I love everything to do with letterpress printing and their work is exquisite. Check out more of their pieces at http://swayspace.com.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, and thank you for your lovely words and thanks!!!! You're very welcome I must say - I think your writing is great!

    I'm looking forward to watching your blog blossom and grow. I still have a looonnngg way to go myself, so it'll be an interesting journey!

    Journeys are enthralling things though - don't you think?!

    Linda. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome Linda, I meant every word of it!!

    And you're right, journeys are enthralling. And I'm having a great time capturing mine here. It's also a great way to see where I started and how far I really have come...especially on those unproductive days :)

    ReplyDelete