Monday, May 24, 2010

Dinner Party 101

“Love attending dinner parties but not confident enough to host your own yet? Let this class put your worries to rest. You’ll learn everything you need to pull off the perfect gathering from start to finish, with an amazing salad to start all the way to decadent desserts for all.”

At this point, I was intrigued by the class description but still hesitant to commit.

MENU Spinach Salad with Caramelized Pears and Goat Cheese – Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Sauce Fines Herbs – Rice Pilaf – Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic – Chocolate Mousse

Okay, I’m in!

And that is how my boyfriend and I came to spend our anniversary in a cooking class. And it was perfect. We had talked about taking a cooking class for ages but I’d always shied away from the cost. Fortunately, our anniversary gave us the perfect excuse to splurge on ourselves and it was so worth it!

We had a fabulous and sassy teacher who made the class tons of fun. There were four assistants clearing and cleaning the plates and pots all night (amazing!). And we each got to try our hand at preparing the food.

Of course my favorite part was the actual eating, which I did a lot of. So much so that I couldn’t finish my chocolate mousse, sigh.

The Moral? Don’t put off something you’ve always wanted to do because it seems like a frivolous expense. Life experiences are priceless and you’ll remember them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment