Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Becoming an American Idol

What if Lee DeWyze hadn’t auditioned for American Idol all those months ago in Chicago?

What if he had stayed in his dead-end job at a paint store and only dreamt of being on the show?

Well then he’d probably be watching the season finale on a couch somewhere, rather than onstage!

These were the thoughts running through my head tonight as I watched him crowned the latest American Idol.

For the past five months, I’ve watched Lee follow through and achieve his dreams…in front of millions of people.

It’s definitely inspiring.

And it’s made me realize that you can never fulfill your dreams without taking that first step…scary as it might be. But I’m comforted in the fact that it can’t be scarier than auditioning in front of Simon Cowell.

With that said, I pledge to take my first step tomorrow towards realizing my dreams for Live Love Life Now™.

The Moral? Stop dreaming and start doing. You’ll never realize your goals without putting one foot in front of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment