Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cupcakes, Popcorn and Books

Today was the second gathering of our book club. Aside from the lively discussion, my favorite part of the meeting was the assortment of snacks: popcorn, cupcakes, Brie cheese with crackers and brownies as thick as a book.

Yummmm…my favorite kind of lunch!

And even though I finished our book selection yesterday at midnight, I promise I did not procrastinate reading it. I had actually wanted to start reading the book as soon as it was chosen last month. But, afraid that I would remember nothing for the next meeting, I made myself wait till the week before in order to retain as much information as possible.

While I still couldn’t remember all of the character names (there were a lot!), I am proud to say that I was able to contribute a lot to the discussion.

And as I sat there munching on snacks and listening to everyone else talk, I realized how grateful I was that I hadn’t disregarded the opportunity like I would have in the past.

Instead, I had chosen to Live Love Life Now™ and to try something new…and so far it’s paying off in spades.

No comments:

Post a Comment