Friday, April 30, 2010

Stamps to the Rescue!

Today, the USPS released its “Animal Rescue: Adopt a Shelter Pet” commemorative stamps and I made a special trip to my local Post Office at lunch to buy a sheet.

Every one of my pets (including my current two adorable and awesome cats) have been rescued in one way or another and I couldn’t be more grateful to all the animal shelters out there. They do a wonderful thing for amazing animals and deserve all of the recognition and help that they can get.

One of the celebrities helping is Ellen DeGeneres - my favorite animal advocate and philanthropist. She unveiled the stamps a few weeks ago on her talk show (which I watch religiously) and announced plans for her food company Halo: Purely for Pets to donate a million meals to shelters around the country.

Be still my heart. I couldn’t love Ellen anymore if I tried!

I’ve been an avid fan of her show since day one and will readily admit that her various campaigns to give back completely inspired me to be more philanthropic…which eventually led me to start Live Love Life Now™.

From the bottom of my heart I send my thanks to the USPS, American Humane Association, Halo: Purely for Pets, Humane Society of the US and Petfinder.com for working together to promote these stamps and this important cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment