Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Get Yourself an Action Buddy

I’ve noticed that when people attempt a big life change, they’re often advised to team up with somebody going down the same path…in order to keep the other strong, motivated and from falling off the wagon (literally or figuratively).

On the reality TV show “Kirstie Alley’s Big Life”, Kirstie enlists her handyman Jim to be her partner in weight loss. Once he agrees, she begins to call him her Chubby Buddy.

It was hysterical and genius! And that’s when I decided that I wanted one too.

Fortunately, I already had the perfect person in mind.

A few months ago, a co-worker and myself were complaining about the office (everybody’s favorite pastime) when it dawned on me that we were in the same boat. We had both hit a wall at work and felt unfilled in our current jobs…but we were a little hesitant to take the next step out of the situation.

But now that we’ve gotten tired of complaining and are ready to take that first step, we’ve decided to partner up in order to push the other to follow through with her goals.

And so far it’s working like a charm! I’ve already crossed off two things that have been sitting on my to do list for way too long.

Of course I think we’re helped by the fact that we’re both Virgo’s and abhor the idea of letting somebody else down. But hey, who doesn’t love turning a negative into a positive?

Action Buddies U-N-I-T-E!

No comments:

Post a Comment