Saturday, January 23, 2010

What Can You Not Do in Eleven Days?

Jan. 09 – after a successful night of writing, I indulge in one of my favorite pastimes – sleeping in! After a slow start, I spend the afternoon furiously cleaning before having friends over. I barely have time to shower, let alone blog!

Jan. 10 – I sleep in again (isn’t that what weekends are for?) and then spend more time cleaning after finally taking down the Christmas tree and decorations. As a reward for all the effort, I give myself the evening off to relax before going back to work.

Jan. 11 – Monday morning arrives all too soon and before long I’m smack in the middle of another crazy day at the office. But no matter how involved I am in a task, in the back of my mind I’m stressing about the blog. So even though it’s late by the time I get home from yoga class, I tell myself it’s now or never and pull out the laptop. With the blog already set up, it takes me no time at all to log in and upload my first post.

So with thirty minutes to spare before midnight, my blog is up for all to see! And I am PROUD of myself, which feels really good. Far better than the guilt and stress I usually live with.

But it’s also accompanied by nagging thoughts on whether I can keep up the momentum, or if I’ll fall back into my normal pattern of procrastination…

No comments:

Post a Comment