Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Leading Causes of Why I Put EVERYTHING Off

In trying to get to the root of my procrastination, I’ve come up with the top five reasons why I tend to put crap off:

1. Laziness – yup, I put this one at the top of my list because it’s a biggie. It’s also fairly self-explanatory.

2. Avoidance – sometimes it just seems easier to avoid things and have them eventually disappear from the To Do list.

3. Indecisiveness – I have a long list of things I want to see and do but I abhor planning them because they involve so many decisions: when to go, what time, who to invite, how to get there, what to do when we get there, etc.

4. Lack of motivation – I know plenty of people (including my boyfriend) who are able to self motivate enough to work from home. I’m hoping one day to acquire that ability through osmosis.

5. Fear – I have the normal fears of spiders and whatnot, but I also have a fear of success. This might sound crazy, but success comes with a lot of change and responsibility…both of which I tend to run away from.

No comments:

Post a Comment