Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Procrastination is like a Double Barrel Shotgun

For the past few years, I’ve been trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I was always envious of my friends who had that figured out at a young age. I always thought that would make life so much easier.

Not knowing has always bothered me, but I never gave it much thought when I was in my early 20’s because I felt like I had all the time in the world to figure it out. But as I got closer to turning 30, I started to wonder if I’d ever discover what I wanted to be.

But after a few years of obsessive soul searching, I eventually came to the realization that my life goal was to get back to my art and start my own business. I wanted the life that I read about in my magazines. I wanted to be that successful designer working out of a home studio, surrounded by my family, making my own schedule and finding inspiration on trips around the world.

For one split second I was ecstatic!

And then procrastination, my mortal enemy, blew away my hope with a double barrel shotgun.

No comments:

Post a Comment