Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sometimes Only a Slap Will Do

Once the dust settled, I brushed myself off and vowed that I wouldn’t let procrastination stand in my way anymore. I had a long list of missed opportunities in my past but I promised myself that I wasn’t going to let history repeat itself...again.

But as the first few months passed by, procrastination slowly won out. I would spend a few days working on my dream business, followed by weeks of doing nothing. And the vicious cycle continued for months and months.

So as 2009 came to a close, I was more than a little depressed and anxious about the coming year. Most people were excited about 2010 and getting a fresh start, but I was consumed with worry that I was going to procrastinate another year away and find myself in the same position next year. Same unfulfilling job. Same puny salary. Same feeling of failure.

*SMACK*

Thanks, I needed that!

No comments:

Post a Comment