Friday, June 10, 2011

“The Stylist’s Guide to NYC” – Sibella Court’s Latest Literary Masterpiece

If you love styling, decorating, collecting or interior design then you must buy this book…right after you buy her first bestselling book “Etcetera”.

My sister introduced me to Sibella Court last year and I immediately fell in love with her passion for details and her enthusiasm for collecting and her multitudes of curiosities. I wanted to live inside her book “Etcetera” because of how beautifully curated her living spaces are. Others may see clutter, but I see lovingly displayed oddities and curiosities.

I was reminded yesterday that her latest book, “The Stylist’s Guide to NYC” had been released just a few weeks ago and immediately went across the street to my local Anthropologie (best place to find it stateside) to get a copy for myself…and my sister.

I read two chapters at the pool this afternoon and am beside myself to share this book with everyone! In the book, Sibella shares a listing of her favorite stores culled together after living and styling in NYC for 10 years. But the details are what make this book a collector’s item.

Words cannot do it justice though so I am sharing a few pictures below. But trust me, you need this book in your library! And when you do get it, drop me a line and let me know what you think!

And if you happen to be lucky enough to find yourself in Sydney, Australia – check out her hardware and haberdashery store and props salon and then send me some pictures!

The Society inc.
18 Stewart Street
Paddington, NSW 2021
AUSTRALIA





The gorgeous (and surprisingly) embossed cover!

Each chapter is theme based and begins with a listing of Sibella’s favorite respective stores…

…followed by a map of a perfectly laid out ‘loop’ in order to see the shops in the most organized and efficient way!

Stunning pictures abound in the book and make me want to grab a bus to NYC in the morning!

Surprises abound everywhere, so make sure that your copy isn't missing anything under the cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment