Friday, March 5, 2010

Collecting Experiences

Last night, I fought a bout of vertigo to see Jay-Z in concert. Sure the seats were three rows from the top of the arena, but it was the experience that counts - even the part where we were stuck for an hour inside the adjacent parking garage waiting to exit.

But when it was all said and done, I was achieving my goal of getting out of the house more AND collecting an experience.

See I recently read an interview where a woman said that one of her passions was collecting experiences. And BAM – I had had another epiphany! I’ve always loved to collect things, from art and purses to books and lamps. But what I didn’t realize was that I'd always been striving to collect experiences.

You see I despise being left out of things because it means that I’m missing out on having an experience. And that extended to starting a business, getting out of the house more and doing new things. And those feelings were actually the catalyst for starting this blog.

Whew! Who knew blogging could be so draining. I feel like my laptop should be billing me hourly for all this therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment