Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What if Olympians Procrastinated?

I LOVE the Olympics.

I’m a casual sports fan during the year but when the Winter and Summer Olympics come around I become obsessed. I watch as much coverage as possible, holding marathons each night to catch up on everything that happened during the day.

But it’s hard to put my finger on what I love the most. Maybe it’s the feeling of unity and national pride I feel every time an American does well, or the excitement of not knowing what each event will bring or perhaps the emotional stories behind some of the world’s greatest athletes.

But maybe most of all, I love the inspiration I feel to do something special and momentous myself. Many Olympic athletes sacrifice their childhoods and all of their free time to perfecting their sport and winning the elusive gold medal. Procrastination isn’t even a word in their vocabulary…because if it were then they’d never make it to the Olympics in the first place.

So if Shani Davis can coach himself all alone to win Olympic gold medals, then I should be able to motivate myself to do anything I want…right?

No comments:

Post a Comment