Sunday, February 7, 2010

(Wo)Man In The Mirror

Today’s inspiration came from one of the world’s greatest performers, Michael Jackson. While watching his documentary “This Is It”, I felt the power of who he was as a person – kind, generous and innocent. It’s tragic that it took his passing for many of us to be reminded of his sincerity.

Below is an excerpt from “Man In The Mirror”, which I felt like I heard for the first time tonight. And if I could carry a tune, I would belt it out everyday to remind myself of what this journey is about:

. . . I'm Gonna Make A Change,

For Once In My Life

It's Gonna Feel Real Good,

Gonna Make A Difference

Gonna Make It Right . . .

I'm Starting With The Man In

The Mirror

I'm Asking Him To Change

His Ways

And No Message Could Have

Been Any Clearer

If You Wanna Make The World

A Better Place . . .

Take A Look At Yourself, And

Then Make A Change . . . i



i Garrett, Siedah and Glen Ballard. Lyrics. “Man in the Mirror.” Bad. CD. Epic Records. 1987. Web. Retrieved on February 7, 2010 from www.lyricstime.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment