Saturday, February 20, 2010

So This is What an Epiphany Feels Like

I can’t believe I hadn’t seen the connection before; it seems so obvious now! I put off things that seem like a challenge because of the fear that they won’t come out “perfect” or as I envisioned. Instead, I delay them in order to do the mindless tasks that I know how to accomplish easily and with little thought.

But I’m starting to realize that I’d rather be faced with the task of problem solving a challenging project than deal with the stress of procrastination. Because at the end of the day, I want that feeling of satisfaction and pride that I get after taking the leap of faith and seeing a challenging project through.

And that great feeling has always been my motivation to move on to the next project. But just like falling out of the habit of working out, it’s hard to get back on the wagon after getting lazy. So I’m going to siphon the inspiration from all the amazing Olympians that I’ve been watching all week and use it to fuel my motivation to put down the TV remote and accomplish something!

There is a week left of the Winter Olympics though, sooo there’s a slight chance that I’ll continue to siphon a little bit longer before I put down the TV remote. I mean the Olympics only come around once every four years!

No comments:

Post a Comment