Friday, February 12, 2010

Still a Work in Progress

Tonight marks the fourth day that I stayed home from work because of recent back-to-back snowstorms. Yet even with all that free time, I still managed to find plenty of things to do instead of starting the ‘big project’ that I’ve wanted to work on for months.

And the sad, very sad irony is that the main excuse I give for putting it off in the first place is lack of time. ARGH!!!

I know it’s only been a month since I started this journey to kill procrastination but I’m a perfectionist*, which means I set pretty high standards for myself. And frankly, I would have liked to seen more progress at this point.

Wait a second; I sense that I’m on to something. I think there might actually be a connection between my procrastination and my perfectionist tendencies.

Holy hell, I think I’ve just had an epiphany! Does this mean I’m growing as a person??



* For all those wondering, yes I am a Virgo and a stereotypical one at that! I am loyal, super organized and prone to perfectionist tendencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment