And while I only had to wait five minutes to have my number called, my seemingly simple request to have my registration refunded eventually had to be escalated to the managerial level! It turns out that my call to the DMV months earlier had done more harm than good because the customer representative had been sadly misinformed and subsequently messed up my account…awesome.
But all was not lost and within forty minutes I walked out with a receipt in hand and a relieved smile on my face. I could finally say that I had tackled my nagging task and it felt wonderful!!
How did I do with the rest of my month one goals? See for yourself below!
- Get more (consistent) sleep – This was the one and only goal that I was not very successful with…and am currently paying for with drooping eyelids!
- Get more exercise – I did incredible with this one, if I may say so myself! I was at the gym 2-3 times each week and finished off the month with sessions of climbing, cardio and yoga. And the consistent workouts have really paid off...just check out the guns!
- Clear the visual clutter – This is where my aptitude towards OCD came in handy because once I started organizing, I couldn’t stop! In fact, tonight I finished all of my outstanding filing and filled one large bag with lots of old bills to shred come Monday morning…yes!
- Clear the mental clutter – I am happy to report that my inbox has dwindled down to a manageable four pages of emails! But in addition to getting rid of TWELVE pages of emails, my biggest accomplishment is that I’ve stayed on top of regularly checking my email in order to keep the clutter at bay!
- Tackle one nagging task – DONE after a 'quick' trip to the DMV yesterday to finalize the sale of my car from the end of November!