Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Breaking the Pattern: A Status Report

Unbelievably, it has been six months since I started this blog.

And it seems as good a time as any to step back and review the list of goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year:

1. Go ice skating

2. Go on a road trip

3. Learn to rock climb

4. Go snow tubing

5. Visit my out-of-state friends (specifically in Pittsburgh & Nashville)

6. Sign up for dance classes

7. Go horseback riding

8. Experience new cities

9. Do more volunteer work

10. Get out of the house more

Not too shabby!

As hoped, putting the list ‘out there’ has really kept me focused on my goals. And now that I am open to doing new things, the Universe is responding with so many more opportunities and experiences than I had ever expected.

Plus it feels great to finally do some of the things that I’ve talked about for years! Snow tubing will always be one of the funnest experiences of my life and one of the reasons why I won’t be as sad to see summer and fall end this year.

It’s been so much fun working through the first half of the list, I can’t wait to get started on the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment