Wednesday, February 9, 2011

eBay is Addictive…In Case You Didn’t Know

eBay is like crack for crafters and collectors alike – because once you start sourcing, it’s really, really, really hard to stop.

Case in point, I have spent a few hours so far on the hunt for the perfect vintage bottles. You see, I’ve had a project in mind to refinish bottles but I only want to use vintage ones because a) they are cheaper and b) they are super cool looking! And since I don’t have a lot of vintage stores close by, I’ve returned to eBay to help me find exactly what I’m looking for.

And so my wish list keeps growing as I track various ‘lots’ of bottles to see who has the best deal. But it’s hard to know when to stop, especially when your searches return close to 25,000 items!

But since these will be used for testing purposes, I’m going to (try to) limit my time to looking through only the first ten pages or so.

I can’t wait to get started though! I haven’t worked on a project in some time and it’s one of my favorite things to do so I’m already excited to see how it turns out.

But don’t worry, you’ll be the first to know the outcome…good or bad!

3 comments:

  1. I am addicted to estate sales.. and there is an estate auction by my house.. horrible.. now there is a show called storage wars which you can bid on storage units..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etsy is just as painful. Oh man...the hours I have wasted. Can't wait to see/hear about your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika - I love estate sales and flea markets! But I can understand why living next to one could be a bad thing :) And I started watching Storage Wars recently - it is fascinating! I love the treasure hunt aspect of it :)

    Nicole - you are totally right, Etsy is just as dangerous...perhaps even more so because everything is so beautifully made :)

    About to go check my eBay wish list and pick a winner!

    ReplyDelete