Monday, August 2, 2010

Library Cards and Homemade Sushi

In my heyday, I would read a handful of books every month and couldn’t get into a moving vehicle without cracking open my latest novel.

But somewhere along the way, the real world got in the way of my reading habit and I was lucky to read a handful of books a year.

The book club has changed all that now and, by virtue, I am guaranteed to read at least 10-12 books a year. But now I want to read more than that, like I used to. So on Saturday, I went and got my first library card in almost ten years.

The event took all of five minutes and soon I was rifling through the stacks. But since I wasn’t prepared with my trusty reading wish list, I only left with two books. But it’s probably a good thing to start off slowly after such a long dry spell.

And if that wasn’t enough excitement for one weekend, I also made sushi for the first time.

Now I’ve only been eating sushi for a few years at this point, but last night family and friends gathered to hand make our own.

While they didn’t turn out as visually appealing as the pre-made ones, the rolls were really tasty! It was a fun and somewhat uncomplicated process too – who knew?!

No comments:

Post a Comment