Friday, August 13, 2010

Anybody Out There?

So I tried to remain cool all day while at work, but in the back of my mind I kept wondering if I had received a response to my email yet. Somehow I managed to restrain myself from checking my email account all day.

That’s not really a comment on how good of a worker I am though, but rather that I was actually scared of finding an email…good or bad.

If they were interested, then I had to figure out my next step. If they were disinterested, then it would be kind of a blow to my confidence.

So I distracted myself with work and told myself I didn’t have time to check my email. And after work I headed downtown to a baseball game and told myself that I would just sleep on it and check in the morning.

Halfway through the game, I changed my mind and my ways. See, one of my worst habits has always been avoiding following up on things that I’m not sure the outcome of. But I can’t afford to do that anymore.

If I’m running a business, I need to stay on top of my communication. I mean how would it look if I wait a week to read and respond to my emails?

So I held my breath and checked my email…and actually breathed a sigh of relief when there was no email response at all.

Weird reaction?

I know it sounds strange, but for me it means I can still dream about what their response will be.

I guess sometimes the unknown can be comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment