Sunday, July 18, 2010

Quote of the Day

“Stress is the trash of modern life – we all generate it but if you don’t dispose of it properly, it will pile up and overtake your life.” - Danzae Pace

Last week was a daily cycle of working like crazy throughout the day followed by evening obligations that left me feeling exhausted and in need of a good cry and a good night’s sleep.

There was no time for thinking or doing anything besides my day job and I was okay with shelving everything else for a little bit. But in the back of my mind, all of my personal responsibilities started to pile up and not being able to do anything about them added to the already overwhelming stress load on my shoulders.

So this weekend, I cut back on my activities and dedicated most of today to cleaning and organizing my apartment – and therefore my mind – because I’ve come to realize that visual clutter adds to my mental clutter…which then makes it difficult for me to focus on the task at hand. And focus is what I’m going to be in need of this coming week at work.

I also need to bring more focus to my other job. Live Love Life Now™ has been pushed to the side for too long and the stress of inactivity is starting to really weigh on my mind. And I mustn’t let that stress pile up to the point of overtaking my life because Live Love Life Now™ is to be the path to a more fulfilling and satisfying life…one without mass client mailings and obligatory days stuck inside a fluorescent light filled office building.

No comments:

Post a Comment